The Terms of Reference for the BCFED Political Action Standing Committee:
• Recommend to the Officers and Executive Council political education and action program initiatives that meet Federation policy objectives;
• Recommend to the Officers and Executive Council policy and program initiatives relating to the political freedoms of union members;
• Assist affiliated unions to develop and expand their political action programs;
• Carry out its activities in relation to political activism in provincial government and credit unions;
• Work in conjunction with the Canadian Labour Congress in relation to federal politics; and
• Work in conjunction with Labour Councils in relation to local government politics.