The Terms of Reference for the BCFED Education Standing Committee:
• Advise the Canadian Labour Congress and the BC Federation of Labour on the educational needs of affiliates;
• Critique government education policy;
• Interact with educational institutions to promote policies and programs that meet the needs of working people;
• Develop recommendations to the officers and executive council to improve Federation policies relating to public education;
• Recommend to the officers actions or programs to accomplish the above; and
• Act as an information exchange for affiliates in related matters.