The Terms of Reference of the Climate Change Standing Committee:
- advise the BC Federation of Labour on the policies, measures and actions needed to address climate change and bring about a worker-centered, intersectional just transition to a net-zero economy, with a view to pursuing reconciliation and economic, Indigenous, racial and gender justice;
- actively engage unions representing workers affected by both climate change and economic transition in shaping BCFED policy, to ensure a sustainable future that secures all workers’ rights and livelihoods;
- collaborate with Indigenous communities and allies engaged in climate and just transition work and seek insights to inform the Committee’s discussions and decisions;
- share information and amplify messages among and between affiliates, including educational programming, campaigns and related collective agreement language achievements;
- foster a space for communication, collaboration and collective mobilization around climate change throughout the Federation, across affiliates and with community and allied groups; and
- monitor, report on and analyze government policies and performance on sustainability and climate change, and advise and support the Federation on lobbying for more effective, comprehensive measures.