Employment Standards

Workers in BC who don't have the benefit of working in a unionized workplace have the right to a minimum standard of working conditions. This set of standards is called the Employment Standards Act.

Due to the confusing nature of the Act and the inaccessibility of the Employment Standards Branch complaint process, the BCFED Young Workers created an organization to help those in need of assistance.

The Employee Action & Rights Network (EARN) can help you better understand the Employment Standards Act, help you file a claim for unpaid overtime, vacation, or being forced to pay for "dine and dash" instances.

To contact EARN call the BCFED at 604-430-1421 or ask your question online at http://www.earnbc.ca/get-help-at-work