The 2019 Women’s March takes place this Saturday, January 19.
The theme for this year’s March On Vancouver is Resist! Persist!
This is the third year that people of all backgrounds have come together to march to empower, inspire, unite and lead the charge for advancement of women across Canada and the world.
We encourage members to take part in a march in their area this year, and to share their stories on social media using the hashtag #womenswave.
Click for a list of events across BC:
Here is a list of all the marches taking place in communities across BC:
• Comox Valley (420 Cumberland Road, Courtenay), 10:30 am to 12:30 pm;
• Fraser Valley (Ann Davis Transition Society – 9046 Young Road, Chilliwack), 11 am to 1 pm;
• Grand Forks (Central Avenue and 5th Street, Grand Forks), 10 am to 1 pm;
• Nanaimo (Lions Pavillion in Maffeo Sutton Park, 100 Comox Road, Nanaimo), 10:30 am to 2 pm;
• Nelson (Nelson City Hall, 310 Ward St., Nelson), 11 am to 1 pm;
• Salt Spring Island (Library Steps Salt Spring Island, Hereford Ave., Salt Spring Island) , 1 pm to 2:30 pm;
• Vancouver (Vancouver Art Gallery, Hornby St. at Georgia, Vancouver), 10 am to 12 pm;
• Victoria (Legislature Building, 501 Belleville St., Victoria), 11 am to 2 pm.