The Terms of Reference for the BCFED Women's Rights Standing Committee:
• Monitor and report on women's progress to achieving equality in the workplace, the trade union movement and the community;
• Recommend to the Officers and Executive Council a legislative program to achieve and ensure equality of women in community life;
• Recommend to the Officers and Executive Council policies and programs to promote the full participation and equality of women in the trade union movement;
• Recommend to the Officers and Executive Council policies and programs to achieve equality of access, opportunity and compensation in the workplace through collective bargaining;
• Act as an information exchange for affiliates;
• Liaise with other women's equality groups in the community and promote labour's policies; and
• Implement programs at the direction of the Officers and Executive Council.