More than 1,300 labour activists will gather in Vancouver for the BC Federation of Labour’s 58th convention starting Monday at 11:00 am at the Vancouver Convention Centre East.
They will focus their energies on ways to level the playing field for working people in BC; and how to work with the NDP government to undo 16 years of damage caused by the BC Liberals in key areas like the labour code, employment standards, workers’ compensation, and apprenticeship and skills training.
What: BC Federation of Labour 58th Convention
When: Monday, November 26 to Friday December 30
Where: Exhibition Hall A, Vancouver Convention Centre East, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
Event highlights include:
• BCFED President Irene Lanzinger delivers her final keynote speech Monday at noon, with a tribute ceremony to mark her leadership set for Thursday at 2:15 pm;
• BC NDP leader John Horgan speaks Tuesday at 9:00 am—the first time an NDP Premier has addressed a Federation convention in two decades;
• Federal NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh addresses delegates Monday at 2:00 pm;
• Elections Thursday morning of two full-time leaders to replace Lanzinger and outgoing Secretary-Treasurer Aaron Ekman; and
• The signing ceremony to renew a protocol agreement between the Federation and First Nations leaders Wednesday at 4:00 pm.
Media attending the convention can register on site in the main lobby outside Exhibition Hall A.